How Longterm Care Insurance claims work:
There is a myth that having a local Longterm Care Insurance agent is important when there is a claim. Longterm care claims, however, do not work the same way as auto and home insurance claims. The old saying, “I know where to find my agent” may not hold true for longterm care insurance.
Here is how the claim process works:
- Your Primary Care Physician certifies your need for Long Term Care.
- You call your insurance company at their toll free number.
- A few days later, a nurse from the insurance company will visit you and help you fill out the claims paperwork.
- As your Longterm Care Insurance specialist, it is our job to assist you with the purchase of this vital coverage by finding the appropriate coverage and company. When you make a claim, your local doctor always certifies care and the agent can help you with the claims process. Keep in mind that it may be 10- 20 years before you will need Longterm Care Insurance Coverage.
- Please visit our Long Term Care Insurance Home page to find out the astronomical cost of nursing home care which cost approximately $80,000 a year, and the fact that 75 percent of all single people and 50 percent of all couples are penniless within one year of entering a nursing home. You can protect yourself and your loved one from this by having long term care insurance for “pennies on the dollar”. Click here to go to our home page, “LTC INSURANCE”
- Price comparison quotes from all the top insurance companies in the USA, including their financial profile, size, and A. M. Best ratings.
- Easy to understand side-by-side comparisons of each company’s policy features and options.
- We show you the policy similarities and differences.
- Become an expert instantly.