10 TOP REASONS PEOPLE NEED LTC
- Most people want to choose where they go instead of go where they are taken.
- Americans have access to the best health care in the world.
- People can’t buy long term care coverage at a crisis time or when they are ready to use it.
- Health rarely improves with age.
- Children would like to help, but children often have children of their own. They certainly can’t quit their jobs to take care of their parents.
- Medicaid only kicks in after a person’s assets and dignity are gone. In many states the eligibility threshold for a single person is $2000 in assets. After all, Medicaid is welfare.
- At age 65 a woman has a one out of two chance of spending some time in a nursing home. A man has a one out of three chance.
- A Harvard University study found that 69% of single people and 34% of married people would exhaust their assets after 13 weeks in a nursing home. 13 weeks equals just 91 days!
- The average cost of a nursing home is $270 a day. Assisted living ranges anywhere from $100 to $200 a day. If you live on the eastern seaboard you can easily spend $150,000 to $180,000 for a years stay in a nursing home. These cost are perfectly capable of wiping out a lifetime of savings.
- The government isn’t going to pay for long term care at home, in a nursing home, or in a assisted living center. Medicare pays for long term care for 20 days, and all but approximately $160 per day for the next 80 days- after that nothing. However, Medicare only pays for skilled care and most long term care is not skilled care.
10 TOP REASON PEOPLE HAVE LONG TERM CARE INSURANCE
- Protect assets
- Relieve burden on family.
- Receive high quality care
- Choose care and provider
- To stay at home
- Enjoy peace of mind
- Have a plan for the future
- Maintain independence
- To leave a legacy
- Preserve the quality of life
10 TOP MEDICAL REASON PEOPLE NEED LONG TERM CARE INSURANCE
- Falling and breaking or fracturing a bone
- Illness, Injury or surgery
- Rehabilitation after a hospital stay
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Heart disease
- Head trauma or injury
- Obesity and other chronic or terminal medical conditions
There are many other physical and medical reasons that people are admitted into Long Term Care facilities, other than the common ones listed above. There are an increasing number of patients being admitted more for depression than dementia. Admissions for obesity have dramatically increased in the decade. Whatever your reason to consider coverage, LTC USA can guide you safely thru the confusing and complex Long Term Care options. We represent the most comprehensive group of “blue chip” companies on the market. Just fill out the form by clicking FREE QUOTE NOW below.
- Price comparison quotes from all the top insurance companies in the USA, including their financial profile, size, and A. M. Best ratings.
- Easy to understand side-by-side comparisons of each company’s policy features and options.
- We show you the policy similarities and differences.
- Become an expert instantly.